“We’ll laugh our cares away on this easy going day…”
We’re excited to present a showing of Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird this weekend! Before you go, let us help you brush up on your movie trivia. Here are 8 things you may not know about Follow That Bird:
1. The 1985 film was Jim Henson’s final theatrical performance as Kermit the Frog.
2. The film was a first for director Ken Kwapis: It was his feature film debut!
3. The cars the Muppets ride in reflect their personalities perfectly: Big Bird’s license plate reads “GOBBLE”; Oscar’s is “SCRAM”; and The Count’s is “12345678910.”
4. Don't leave at the end; stick around for the credits! The Count counts the number of the crew members during the closing credits.
5. Also during the closing credits, The Count says “Hi, Mom!” when Joan Ganz Cooney’s name appears on screen, a nod to the Sesame Street creator.
6. The name of the diner where Oscar and Maria stop for a bite to eat is called “Don’t Drop Inn.”
7. Near the end of the movie, we catch a glimpse of Elmo in the window. This was before Elmo was ever a major Sesame Street character!
8. The crew recreated the Sesame Street set in Toronto, where the movie was filmed. The set was expanded to look more realistic with the addition of a bookstore, bakery, fire station and more.
See you at 7 pm this Saturday, March 11, for a screening of Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird! The World of Puppetry Museum will be open 6-7 pm, and a cash bar opes at 6:15 pm.