Video Conferencing Puppet Building 101: Jointed Rod Puppet
Puppet Building 101: Jointed Rod Puppet
Ask about how to do this program as a webinar!
GRADE LEVEL: 8th-12th; adults
MAXIMUM PARTICIPANTS: not to exceed one class size (25-ish)
COST: $175 (60 minutes); $225 (for 90 minutes)
PROGRAM LENGTH: 60-90 minutes (60 minutes for puppet building ONLY; 90 minutes for puppet building + manipulation & scene work)
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: Participants will build a working, jointed Bunraku (Japanese rod) style puppet from recycled newspaper, masking tape, and craft sticks! Based on the human figure and human proportions, puppets can be transformed into just about any character. The extended workshop (90 minutes) offers participants an opportunity to bring their puppets to life through manipulation exercises and scripted scenes. Though participants will each build their own individual puppet, teamwork is required during manipulation. Traditional Bunraku puppets, pictures, and video clips enhance the content. This workshop is ideal for team building and for anyone 14 years + who wants to learn how to build a real, working puppet.
How to Book:
• Call 404.881.5117 or email to check for availability.
• Download the Program Request Form, fill out, and email back to us.
• We will send confirmation via email. No booking is confirmed until we send confirmation (usually within 24 hours) via email.
• BULK BOOKING DISCOUNT DOES NOT APPLY.
We will not charge for programs cancelled due to nature i.e. snow days. We do require a reschedule, however.
• The full fee will be charged to sites which cancel with less than 72 hours notice. That includes NO SHOWS.
• Program topics can be changed up to one week in advance provided the teacher has time to prep the new puppet for the topic change.
• Foreign language programs require a 2 week cancellation notice. Call with questions.