The Nancy Staub Puppetry Research Library is open to researchers by appointment only. If you are interested in making an appointment, please fill out the appointment form below and email it to email@example.com. Please note that we cannot accommodate appointments to view pieces from our Jim Henson Collection not currently on display. For additional information, please contact 404.881.5128.
Request a Research Appointment
The Center for Puppetry Arts has offered exhibitions on global puppetry since the 1980s. Exhibition Catalogs have been scanned and are available in PDF format below. They are organized by year and title.
- 1982_African Puppetry.pdf
- 1983_Masks_Outer Image, Inner Spirit.pdf
- 1984_Puppetry of China.pdf
- 1986_Puppetry of India.pdf
- 1987_On Display_Puppetry of China.pdf
- 1988_Celebration of African Puppetry.pdf
- 1989_Wayland Flowers & Madame.pdf
- 1990_The Art of Bil Baird.pdf
- 1990_The Puppetry of Janie Geiser.pdf
- 1990_The World of the Wayang_Puppetry of Indonesia.pdf
- 1991_Fools, Jesters & Gods_The Role Of The Clown In Puppet Theater.pdf
- 1991_On Display_Fools, Jesters and Gods_The Role of the Clown in Puppet Theater.pdf
- 1992_Breaking Boundaries_American Puppetry in the 1980s.pdf
- 1992_Puppetry_Echoes of Society.pdf
- 1994_African and African-American Puppetry.pdf
- 1995_Gateway to the World ATL International Airport.pdf
- 1995_Puppets the Power of Wonder.pdf
- 1997_Jim Rowland_Atlanta and Beyond.pdf
- 1997_The Center For Puppetry Arts_a retrospective.pdf
- 1998_From Marionettes To Muppets_The Puppet Photography of Richard Termine.pdf
- 1998_Who Said That_the art of the comtemporary american ventriloquist.pdf
- 1999_Fool's Fire_The Genius of Julie Taymor.pdf
- 2000_An Asian Mosaic_The Exploration of Human Potential.pdf
- 2000_Basil Milovsoroff 21st Century Artist.pdf
- 2000_Rene_From Then Til Now.pdf
- 2011_World on a String Global Puppetry.pdf
Over 70 linear feet of Archives is available to researchers for reference. Collections include Nancy Staub’s Global Puppetry Collection, Standwell (The Little Players) Collection, Marjorie McPharlin Collection, Thom Fountain Collection, Puppetry Guilds and Festivals, and the Center for Puppetry Arts Collection. They are available for viewing in our Library by appointment only.
Please note that the Archives is still being processed, but some preliminary Finding Aids are available below.
Housing over 1300 puppetry related Periodicals, the Library offers UNIMA and puppetry publications from around the world in a variety of languages. Notable Periodicals include The Puppetry Journal, Puppetry International, Asian Theatre, A propos, and Die Spielleiste. They are available for viewing in our Library by appointment only.
The Film Collection includes our own performances, global films and performances, and commercial movies that include puppetry. Center performances are organized by season, global films are organized by country, and commercial movies are organized in alphabetical order. They are available for viewing in our Library by appointment only.
For a complete list of films, please click here for an Excel version or here for a PDF.
The Center's Nancy Staub Puppetry Research Library includes over 1,100 global puppetry books, with topics including history, construction, type, and puppeteers. They are available for viewing in our Library by appointment only.
For a listing of all of the books in the Center's collection by title & author click here for an Excel version or here for a PDF. We are constantly getting new titles -- please call or email for the latest update.